Welcome to ICARE at UMBC!
ICARE stands for “Interdisciplinary Consortium for Applied Research in the Environment.” Our NRT program is a cross-sector network of environmental scientists and engineers who are committed to increasing the diversity of the environmental workforce and engaging the community in local environmental research in and around Baltimore Harbor. We consist of five departments at UMBC:
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Chemical, Biochemical and Environmental Engineering (CBEE)
- Geography and Environmental Systems (GES)
- The cross-campus Marine Estuarine Environmental Sciences (MEES)
- The School of Public Policy
Please follow our social media and check back in the fall to see an update on when applications will open for Fall ’22!
Please bear with us while we work on updating our website!